Admin
History

East Elementary School began in 1936. The main building was constructed as a public works project during the depression. The beautiful colonial structure with its steep pitched roof, red brick walls, and tall entrance columns stand out as a landmark in the community. In 1949 an auditorium was added to serve the school and community. The school became accredited in 1963 by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and continues to meet the high standard of excellence required of accreditation.

During the earlier period of the school's existence, there were grades one through six. Later, when Cullman Middle School was formed, the sixth grade was moved there. In 1995, the new Cullman City Primary School opened, serving kindergarten and first grade, resulting in the return of sixth grade to the elementary school. East Elementary now houses grades 2-6 with around 560 students.